Data Governance is defined by the Data Governance Institute as “a system of decision rights and accountabilities for information related processes, executed according to agreed upon models that describe who can take what actions with what information (data), and when, under what circumstances, using what methods”.
A simpler definition from CIO Magazine says, “Management is the decisions you make, Governance is the structure for making them”. Either way, we at ECI have been assisting our clients start their Data Governance journey for many years now and can help you to build yours.
EC Integrators can assist you by:-
- Assessing your current overall Governance Policy, Standards and Strategy;
- Building a roadmap to improving these;
- Honing in on specific subject areas such as:
- Business Glossary
- Data Quality
- Reference Data Management
- Master Data Management
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Data Privacy, Security and Compliance
- Managing Data Growth
- Data Integration and Architecture, moving to SOA