How EC Integrators helped Westpac’s teams to complete a Fast Data Acquisition Pilot with Code Automation
ETL Code Automation
Fast Data Acquisition Pilot for Australian Bank
Westpac is an Australian bank and financial-services provider, one of Australia’s “big four” banks. Westpac has over 13 million customers, and holds Australia’s largest branch network, with over 1400 branches and a network of 3850 ATMs.
In 2014, Westpac wanted to prove the concept of productivity and efficiency gains with Fast Data Acquisition (FDA) into its Enterprise Data Warehouse using AnalytiX Data Services Mapping Manager (AMM) software’s Code Automation Template framework (CATfX).
A combined team involving EC Integrators (ECI) and AnalytiX Data Services was created to assist Westpac’s teams to complete the FDA Pilot of the AMM CATfX software.
The combined team, which included ECI consultants, conducted the following as part of the pilot project:
- Installed AMM software tool on Westpac’s AIX server;
- Ensured conformance to current Westpac naming and Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) standards;
- Captured source and target metadata;
- Imported existing mapping rules, as well as manually entered source-to-target mapping rules directly into the AMM;
- Built and tested Code Automation Templates (CATs) for the areas of scope; and
- Provided AMM document outputs to enable comparison of documents automatically generated by AMM against the existing additional manual effort.
The successfully completed FDA Pilot proved that through automation provided by CATfx, the AMM software tool could create efficiency through repeatable code patterns. This represented a clear and quantifiable return on investment for the Westpac Group.
The AMM software brings to Westpac the capability to accelerate the end-to-end solution around ETL generation, a key differentiator to the current manual build solution at Westpac.
With the objective achieved, Westpac was able to use Code Automation Templates (CATs) to automate their Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) jobs and processes, representing a significant improvement in productivity and time savings.