How EC Integrators helped Westpac with the load automation of 35,000 Source to Target Mapping spreadsheets
Source To Target Mapping Automation
Banking on An Automation Framework
Westpac is an Australian bank and financial-services provider, one of Australia’s “big four” banks. Westpac has over 13 million customers, and holds Australia’s largest branch network, with over 1400 branches and a network of 3850 ATMs.
Westpac’s objective was to test that source to target mapping in spreadsheets could be imported into AMM automatically, instead of manual loading. This was needed in order to baseline AMM with all Westpac’s existing mappings in its Enterprise Data Warehouse and would involve load automation of 35,000 Source to Target mapping spreadsheets in Excel into the Mapping Manager software.
EC Integrators (ECI) was engaged to assist with the mapping project.
ECI assisted Westpac by providing the following services to implement the project:
- Analysed three existing sample spreadsheets where the mappings were stored, and discovered patterns within these mappings to create an application to automate the loading into AMM;
- Set up an AMM, Informatica and Oracle environment at ECI’s premises to mimic Westpac’s environment, and developed the application to load mappings from the three sample spreadsheets;
- Assisted Westpac’s team in Unit Testing and End-to-End Testing of the application, and during the testing phase, up to 5,000 Source to Target mappings were loaded;
- Provided 3-day training to Westpac developer resource to enable Westpac to handle exceptions i.e. mappings that do not conform to key patterns; and
- Assisted with queries post training.
With the objective achieved, Westpac was able to use Code Automation Templates (CATs) to automate the loading of Source to Target Mapping spreadsheets into AMM’s central repository representing a significant improvement in productivity and time savings.